Very near Oxford, our Village Hall is a convenient venue for a wide variety of groups and events, including parties, concerts, conferences, club meetings, evening classes, martial arts and dancing lessons. We are delighted to host them all.
The charges are as follows.
We may be able to offer reduced rates for regular booking – please ask.
Our charges include:
- Tables and chairs (set-up as required)
- Glasses, crockery and cutlery
To make a booking, please contact the booking secretary Maggie Rawcliffe to check availability email@example.com 01865 735288.
After checking availability please fill in the electronic form below.
Conditions of Hire
If alcohol is for sale, a Licence must be obtained from the Vale of White Horse District Council at least ten days prior to the event. Please note that there is a charge for this.
Hiring fee is payable at least two weeks before the start of the function.
Cancellation of booking: the Hiring Fee will be returned, less a cancellation fee of £10 if less than one week’s notice is given.
Hirer agrees to:
- report any damages or breakages to the Booking Secretary
- not stick / pin / blutack / whitetack any decorations or notices to walls or doors (noticeboards may be used)
- leave kitchen, kitchen equipment, crockery and cutlery clean, dry and put away
- leave all furniture/equipment in main hall
- put recycling into the green wheelie bin outside and other rubbish into the black wheelie bin
- have at least two adults supervising any children’s party
- make sure that any equipment introduced to the Hall by the Hirer or his/her guests is fully insured as the Hall Management Committee can take no responsibility for any related loss, damage or injury (an example of this equipment would be a Bouncy Castle)
- ensure that no nuisance is caused by noise during the event and as people leave.
The Village Hall Committee will take all reasonable care to ensure that the premises are clean and safe for use.
No responsibility will be taken for loss, damage or theft to property belonging to the Hirer or his/her guests.
Remember you are responsible for any equipment you bring into the Hall and for its safe use.
Deep-fat frying is not allowed.
Please do not stick anything to the walls (including blutack or whitetack).
Clearing up breakages and spills: there is a brush and dustpan in the under-sink cupboard in the kitchen. There are a mop and a broom in the kitchen lobby.
Spare safety blanks for electrical sockets are available in the kitchen drawer under the hatch.
The car park surface is uneven in places: please be careful, especially in the dark. Please make sure that users are told this.
There is a red file, Information for Hirers, by the boiler in the kitchen, which you are strongly advised to read. In particular please note how to turn the electricity off safely in an emergency.