Very near Oxford, our Village Hall is a convenient venue for a wide variety of groups and events, including parties, concerts, conferences, club meetings, evening classes, martial arts and dancing lessons. We are delighted to host them all.
The charges are as follows:
- Parish-based groups meeting in the hall; and fund-raising for charity – £12 per hour
- Other hire by parishioners – £13 per hour
- Non-parishioners – £17 per hour
We are able to offer reduced rates for regular bookings – please ask.
Our charges include:
- Tables and chairs
- Glasses, crockery and cutlery
To make a booking, please contact the booking secretary Maggie Rawcliffe to check availability firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865 735288.
After checking availability please fill in the form below.
Hiring fee: Payable no later than two weeks before the start of the function.
Cancellation: Cancellation fee of £10 if less than one week’s notice is given.
Alcohol: If alcohol is for sale, a Licence must be obtained from the Vale of White Horse District Council at least ten clear working days prior to the event. There is a charge for this.
Hirer agrees to:
- Report any damages or breakages to the Booking Secretary
- Leave kitchen, kitchen equipment, crockery and cutlery clean, dry and put away
- Leave all furniture and equipment in the main hall
- Have at least two adults supervising any children’s party
- Warn those attending the event that they use the car parking at their own risk, and of the need to be careful
- Abide by the Prohibitions below
- Note the Responsibilities and Further Information below
- No smoking
- No deep-fat frying
- No naked flames including candles and tea-lights
- Do not stick anything to the walls, doors or paintwork (including with blutack or whitetack)
- The Village Hall will take all reasonable care to ensure that the premises are clean and safe for use.
- Remember you are responsible for any property or equipment you bring into the Hall and for its safe use. You may wish to take out insurance. The Village Hall can take no responsibility for any related loss, damage, theft or injury.
- People visiting the Hall may park cars in the old farmyard opposite. They do so at their own risk. The Village Hall can take no responsibility for any related loss, damage, theft or injury. The surface is uneven in places so be careful, especially in the dark. You should ensure that those attending your event are aware of all this.
- There is a red file, Information for Hirers, by the boiler in the kitchen, which you are asked and strongly advised to look at. In particular please note how to turn the electricity off safely in an emergency.
- Breakages and spills: Please clear up and report to the Bookings Secretary. There is a brush and dustpan on the filing cabinet just inside the kitchen. There is a mop in the cupboard in the back lobby.
- Spare safety blanks for electrical sockets: Available in the kitchen drawer under the hatch.
South Hinksey Village Hall uses personal data for the purposes of managing the hall, its bookings and finances, running and publicising events at the hall, staff employment and fundraising activities. Data may be retained for up to 7 years for accounts purposes and for longer where required by the hall’s insurers. If you would like to find out more about how we use your personal data or want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the Secretary. We will use your data in connection with the legitimate purpose for which you give it to us and will not otherwise share it with anyone else or use it for any other purpose.